Our clients for this property are retired and moved from a three storey house about a mile distant. The house was built by local developers and had not been touched for 25 years. Hence apart from looking rather tired, it lacked many of the features which people now seek. In particular, there was an old-fashioned kitchen with separate dining room, poor visual and physical connection with the rear garden and most disappointingly, a narrow cramped staircase leading to the bedrooms upstairs.
The scheme we developed for its refurbishment and modernisation includes a number of key features:
• a large new vaulted ‘family room’ (kitchen / dining / living space) opening direct onto a paved patio
• a ground floor master bedroom with closet and en-suite
• enlarged entrance hall with double-height space, balcony and new feature staircase
• utility and boot rooms accessed directly from a new (heated and insulated) garage
• large storage spaces built into two of the insulated roof voids.